Monday, December 15, 2008

Moving to Silver Star

The Bozeman and Soldier Hollow races were canceled due to lack of snow, so we decided to make the drive up to Canada for the Nor/Am races at Sovereign Lakes Nordic Center. This was a good move because the Whistler Nor/Am races on our original scheduled have been mover here as well. The skiing was good when we got here, now it is even better. It feels awesome to be skiing at a lower elevation (more oxygen).


Cook and I enjoying the view from Silver Star Summit


Cook and Kuzzy

We are staying in the youth hostel at Silver Start Mountain resort. It is a nice place and inexpensive too. The change in race schedule has been tough on the budget so this place helps out. There is a great common room/kitchen downstairs to hang out in. My focus has been on skis, training, racing and eating and that has kept me pretty busy. This is my first real off day (meaning no travel) and I am starting to get on top of things. Lots of web posts today. Also, I finally got some batteries for the Flip Video and will try and take some video over the next few days. I am looking forward to clean laundry today too.

No comments: