Sunday, June 16, 2013

The Final Days on Snow

Enjoying the final days of grooming at the Mt. Bachelor Nordic Center.  The Mountain did a great job of prepping the trail each day and managing the snow through stockpiling and plowing to last as long as possible.
With temperatures in the 80's it is hard to believe that skiing is just 30 minutes away 

After a solid 10 days on snow I returned to the Methow to work on technique with Scott and enjoy a few recovery sessions.  After years of hearing about it I finally got out to enjoy the Loomis Loop, a 52 mile ride in northern Okanogan county.
I am looking forward to heading home to Minnesota but not without one last run in the mountains.  Chad and I ran and scrambled up the ridge near Mt Robinson.  We had hoped to go to the peak but there was still quite a bit of snow and I figured it we made the trip more than 5 hours it wouldn't really be a recovery session.  
The mountains have always held a special place for me and although it doesn't make sense physiologically I tend to feel rejuvinated after a full day in the mountains.  It is hard to beat the cascades on a bluebird day

No comments: