Monday, August 11, 2014

Fagerquist/Mannix Wedding

A great time with friends new and old this weekend in Crested Butte, CO for Taz and Casey's wedding.  Thanks guys for getting married, and thanks for selecting Crested Butte for the celebration.  I haven't been back in the Gunnison Valley since college and this was my first summer trip.

Some people make you a better person when you are around them.  Casey is one of those people to me.  I have know him for over ten years and we skied and studied business together at the University of Alaska Anchorage.  I spent most of my early college years studying, training, and working.  Casey was  responsible for getting me out to play and we have had countless adventures together including climbing Denali.  

I have always believed that you really get to know someone when you have just about broken them.  You find out what kind of person someone is when you are both exhausted, hungry and cold.  Casey is one of those guys who can keep you smiling and laughing even when things are bad.  I remember making the mistake during an 80 mile mountain bike from Hope to Seward, the last 30 miles of trail hadn't been maintained for over 10 years and was overgrown with devils club.  I have always looked up to Casey.  

Hanging out with Taz and Casey brings me a ton of energy and I am so happy for them.  

Wedding Party Selfie

Thanks LL Bean for not only making great technical wear but making Caitlin look even more beautiful in her new dress and boots.

Mt. Crested Butte Summit, a new elevation high for Caitlin

Working on the weaknesses of walking lunges and getting pretty good.

Coaching my FAST Kids pod through the streets near Wirth Park.  Same roads I use for my own training



No comments: