Sunday, December 20, 2009

Back in Washington for Christmas

The first period of racing is complete for me and I drove down with my family for two weeks of training at my other 'home' in the Methow Valley. Driving up the valley, snow conditions were pretty sad and thin. Thankfully fresh snow fell overnight and although coverage is thin skiing has been great.
Caitlin and Hons waxing up the boards

One of my favortie things about visiting home is skiing and catching up with friends. Caitlin decided to stay in the Pacific Northwest between Silver Star and US Nationals and has been an excellent training partner. I have also really enjoyed skiing with my good friend and climbing partner, Hons.

Fresh Tracks

We even saw a Reindeer out on the trail (my brother)

The Methow Valley Nordic Camp was held this weekend. One of the best technique camps/clinics in the country. I have coached at the clinic before, but opted out this year in order to finish up a good volume block of training. My brother, Chad helped out with Ski Patrol and I matched many of my workouts to ski around with him. I always enjoyed getting on the trails and skiing around looking for 'someone who looks like me, with reindeer antlers and an orange vest.' That hat, and my brother are awesome.

It feels great to train hard and be in one place for more than a few days

Tara, Simon, Me and Caitlin

Last night we enjoyed a community theater presentation of 'It's A Wonderful Life.' The play is great and going dressed up made it even more fun. Thanks Sis for some excellent curry and thank you Tim for the tickets.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!